Tuesday, February 7, 2012

Noodle Stir Fry and Quinoa Chili

I decided I'm only going to post success recipes here. Not many new recipes this week, but here are the new recipes we did try and liked:

Tuesday - Quick & Easy Noodle Stir Fry. I used these rice noodles instead of the linguine. I sprayed the skillet with olive oil. I subbed honey for the brown sugar - I used a little more than 1 TBS. I couldn't find the Asian sweet red chili sauce and so I used this sauce. It does have some brown sugar but I would say for a "sauce" it's pretty clean, although not perfect. All the veggies were the same. I didn't use any meat. Doug and I really liked it (well, me more than Doug, but he still liked it). Paige had her noodles and veggies separate with just a little sauce on her noodles. Will definitely do again.

Vegetarian Quinoa Chili. This was really great! I didn't have the zucchini or the green bell pepper on hand, so I didn't use those. Also, because it says it serves 10-12 I tried to cut back other places. So, I only added one can black beans and one can diced tomatoes. I did ADD 1 super small can of tomato sauce. It was really good and the author says it freezes well, so I'll be putting leftovers in the freezer.

Also, I made the granola from this post again and I modified it even more by only doing 1/8 c. Rapadura and then I added an 1/8 c. honey. Turned out great.

3 comments:

  1. thanks for posting this, steph. i made the quinoa chili tonight. it turned out really well. i used a bunch of frozen yellow squash instead of all of the peppers since i didn't have that. it's still yummy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. i made the carrot muffins from the happy herbivore. super tasty. they have a 1/2 c. sugar though so you'd have to modify. i also made the "baked shells and cheese" from the happy herbivore. edible, but won't be making it again. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have GOT to get that cookbook. Carrot muffins sound really yummy right now.

      Delete