Monday, January 16, 2012

Delicious lettuce wraps

Here's the recipe from tonight. It's a mix between this and the lettuce wraps in the Forks over Knives how-to companion. So, I'll tell you what I used - but you can check that site for her recipe. The Forks over Knives recipe called for tofu but I am so intimidated by that stuff. I have never eaten it or prepared it. I probably just need to jump on in and buy it and try it. Anyway, here it is (perfect for our family of 3):

1 chicken breast - I cut it when it was frozen and cut it up really, really small.
salt & pepper
1/2 medium onion, minced
2 large carrots, peeled and finely diced
1 celery stalk, finely diced
1/4 cup chopped shitake mushrooms
2 large cloves garlic, minced
1 t. fresh ginger, peeled and minced
1 T sesame oil
2 1/2 T Tamari
1/2 T. water
1 T. natural peanut butter
1/2 T. honey
1 T + 1 t. rice vinegar
3 green onions, chopped
1 can sliced water chestnuts, drained and chopped
Butter lettuce leaves

I sauteed the chicken with some salt and pepper and set aside. Then I sauteed the onion, carrots and celery in a different pan.I then added the garlic and ginger and sauteed that with the other vegetables. While things are cooking mix the oil, tamari, water, PB, honey and rice vinegar in a bowl and microwave for 20 seconds. Add the sauce to the skillet and stir to combine all the ingredients. I cooked it for about 1 minute. Add the green onions and the water chestnuts and cook for 1-2 minutes until the onions are soft and the water chestnuts are heated through. Serve with the lettuce leaves.

---------

It was DELICIOUS!

No comments:

Post a Comment